Recently, I've found that I finally have a little time to start my blog - sadly, thanks to the economy - but, luckily I will have more time to devote to Martha Stewart inspired projects, reading blogs of farm dwellers in Idaho and catching up on all my celebrity beauty secrets. While I do have less "real work" I am committed to making my blog NESTPARTY | Guide to a Stylish Life an awesome distraction from reality one fantastic idea at a time.

Friday, July 10, 2009

{INSPIRATION} Modern Day Cinderella

Friday, July 10, 2009
I've got to admit - I am forever in love with the romantic tale of The Glass Slipper - better known as, "Cinderella" for a good majority of my life. I mean, seriously, who doesn't want a convenient seamstress (i.e. fairy godmother) to whip up a fantastic gown just in time to make you the envy of everyone and capture the heart of Prince Charming? Alas, I've grown up to adore the story for it's true meaning: stay calm and carry on. Recently, say the past 26 years or so, I've become obsessed with recreating a realistic version of Cinderella's life within my own. Think... tiaras, pumpkins and clocks. Enjoy!




















Tiara
- antique tiara - my private collection
Clock Faces - lost reference/please contact with info
Pumpkins - Martha Stewart
Glass Slipper Cake - cake created for my birthday by Annette's Cakes
Mice Brooches - Vermont Jewelry
Key Necklace - Tiffany & Co.
Castle - Chateau Elan in Georgia
Book/Rings - Vintage book in my private collection, my Tiffany & Co. engagement and wedding band
Kiss at Midnight - The Fire illustration for Fetes Galantes by Georges Barbier

0 comments:

Style Fairy Award

Style Fairy Award
from tres stylish La Vie ... J'aime

Blog Roll