Recently, I've found that I finally have a little time to start my blog - sadly, thanks to the economy - but, luckily I will have more time to devote to Martha Stewart inspired projects, reading blogs of farm dwellers in Idaho and catching up on all my celebrity beauty secrets. While I do have less "real work" I am committed to making my blog NESTPARTY | Guide to a Stylish Life an awesome distraction from reality one fantastic idea at a time.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

{OBSESSION} Cameo Appearance

Sunday, July 26, 2009
My husband was so tres sweet when he surprised me with a truly modern - and rather unexpected - gift 2 days ago. Apparently, he got this absolutely charming cameo ring from Zales. He was forced to be at the mall for 2 hours waiting for his iPhone to be "restored" at the Apple Store, thereby allowing him to have amble time to by his wife a new right-hand ring.

Ring:
Oval Carved Turquoise and Charcoal Grey Quartz Cameo Ring in 14K Gold - $149, Zales







Alas, this has led to my latest {OBSESSION} the cameo. I found that it's super easy to work into modern fashion, not to mention it's almost Parisian when it's ivory and onyx. I'm in love... it's so very Royal Family, don't you think?
































[credits on page]

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I actually rented that Juicy ring from avelle.com just last week! Great page!!

Your husband sounds like a keeper ... does he have a single brother, cousin?? ;)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That ring is so pretty and unique! What a nice hubby you have ...hope you enjoyed your weekend!

A Wedding Story said...

What a cute blog you have! I love it!

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling, thank you for stopping by my cottage and for joining my followers, much appreciated. You have a lovely blog too, full of interesting posts. I wanted to join your followers however I did not see the option.
Thanks again
Duchess

Slices of Beauty... said...

Lovely collection!
And blog too.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lovely!

<3 Gina
allfortheforties.blogspot.com

parTea lady said...

That is a pretty ring your husband gave you. I like your montage of cameo photos.

Britin Holly said...

What a sweet husband!!!!!! I love that ring too and the cameos. Love your graphics!!!!!!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a stunning surprise gift, you lucky gal! I am wild for all things cameo related too, they have such an incredibly elegant, timeless beauty to them that works in any era.


Wishing you a splendid week,
♥ Jessica

chateaudelu said...

I love cameos. They are old fashioned yet still beautiful. I gave custom cameos to all of my bridesmaids.

CAKE Creative Co. said...

i might have just read your blog from start to finish. i got sucked in by your bold honesty and i stayed for your sense of style. i'll return to solve the mystery of how to find a job like yours.

GREEN AND STYLISH said...

I completely share your soft spot for cameos! Did anyone notice the fabulous cameos in the movie The Count of Monte Cristo? Ornella Muti is wearing the most gorgeous cameo earrings in that film. Unfortunately I haven't found anything similar in real life yet...
Beautiful blog.

Dallas Shaw said...

cool cameo selections here

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Cameos are my favs, just after pearls! I like to mix um up. Dang, I really like that blue/black number. Great post!

Style Fairy Award

Style Fairy Award
from tres stylish La Vie ... J'aime

Blog Roll